Marine Corps Retirement and Home of Selection Separations Information
MCO 4600.39, Chapter 6, paragraph 2a(1) and 2b describes Retirement conditions and entitlements and is provided below:
(1) This Section specifically applies to Marines and generally applies to other uniformed service members per their respective Service regulation. Marines in the following categories are authorized a Home of Selection (HOS) move:
(a) Retired for physical disability or placed on the Temporary Disability Retired List (TDRL), without regard to length of service.
(b) Retired with pay for any other reason (including transfer to the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve) immediately following at least 8 years of continuous active duty with no single break therein of more than 90 days.
(c) Discharged with severance or separation pay immediately following at least 8 years of continuous active duty with no single break therein of more than 90 days.
(d) Involuntary released from active duty with readjustment or separation pay immediately following at least 8 years of active duty with no single break therein of more than 90 days.
MCO 4600.39, Chapter 6, paragraph 2a(1) describes extensions and the process for submission:
Extensions must meet the prerequisites of the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) paragraph 5320-G4 (hardship cases). MCO 4600.39, Chapter 6, paragraph 1.d. applies as follows:
e. Extensions to Time Limit for Shipment of Household Goods
(1) In cases where a Marine meets the qualifications for an extension of travel and transportation entitlements and circumstances prevent turning over HHG within the authorized time limit specified in Chapter 6, paragraph 2, subparagraph d of this Order, above, a request for additional time may be submitted in writing, via electronic means to USMCPERSONALPROPERTY@usmc.mil or telephonic request by the Marine to the local PPO for processing at least 45 calendar days prior to expiration of the shipping entitlement. Local PPOs are authorized to adjudicate the first extension request. Adjudication will be performed under the conditions established in the JTR and paragraph, 2e(4), below. The first extension will not be granted until 60 days before the entitlement expires. When necessary, the second and all subsequent requests will be submitted by the Marine in writing, via electronic means or telephonic request directly to the CMC (LPD-2) at least 45 calendar days before the expiration of the shipping entitlement. Note that if the Marine has submitted a DD 1351-2 for travel pay and has been paid, the address assigned to the DD 1351-2 is now "fixed" to the address selected for travel and transportation entitlements/allowances and any remaining entitlements/allowances for travel and transportation of household goods terminates at that address.
(2) If the entitlement is due to expire within 30 calendar days, the Marine must contact the CMC (LPD-2) for further instructions. In the event the 365th day has passed, Marines facing an extreme hardship may request a reinstatement of their shipping entitlement to the CMC (LPD-2).
(3) The PPO will provide the required support to assist Marines in requesting extensions of their entitlement. Marines requesting their first extension will not be advised to contact the CMC (LPD-2) unless there are extenuating circumstances under Other Deserving Cases. In cases where continued medical treatment is the justification, a letter from the medical doctor providing the treatment must be included. The letter need only state that the Marine was under their care from a beginning date to an ending date. No diagnosis or other additional information is required, in accordance with the HIPPA.
(4) Other Deserving Case Considerations. JTR, par. 5318-F authorizes the Secretarial Process to consider extensions for other deserving cases that "may also be authorized/approved through the Secretarial Process, if in the Service's best interest, or to the member's benefit and not more costly/adverse to the Service. This includes cases where the 1-year time limit has already been extended under pars. 5318-D and 5318-E. " Generally, other deserving cases are considered for personnel suffering unemployment, significant financial difficulties, death/serious illness of an immediate family member and natural disaster. Other requests for consideration, including requests citing the "member's benefit and not more costly/adverse to the Service" will be adjudicated on a case by case basis by the CMC (LPD-2). Extension requests must be submitted to the CMC (LPD-2) between 30-45 days from the date of expiration of the entitlement/extended entitlement. When approved, extensions will not exceed one year increments.
The Mailing Address for HQMC LPD is:
Commandant of the Marine Corps
3000 Marine Corps Pentagon
Room 2E227 (LPD-2)
Washington DC 20350-3000
Phone Numbers: Telephone: DSN: 225-7765
Comm: (703) 695-7765
Fax: DSN: 225-8160
Fax: Comm: (703) 695-8160
Move.Mil is a publicly accessible DOD website. Content updates to this website are required to undergo a public affairs and legal review prior to being posted. Therefore please be patient with any requested changes. This process is in compliance with DOD policy.